Please pay special attention to the clauses in bold as they may (a) limit the liability of the Foundation or a third party; (b) create risk or liability for You; (c) require You to release the Foundation or a third party from liability; (d) require You to acknowledge a fact.
3. Information We Collect
- In Your Use of the Website, We may collect and store the following Personal Information:
- Name, surname, address, email address and other contact information;
- correspondence via email and information relating to activity via the Website;
- website connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Website, IP address and standard web log information;
- You provide personal information to us via the Websites when You :
- search and browse for content;
- subscribe for newsletters or other publications;
- register for events;
- contact us for further information;
- apply for scholarships or fellowships;
- visit our Websites while logged into a social media platform; and/or
- participate in our online surveys.
4. How We Use Personal Information
- At the outset we would like to give You the comfort that You will always own Your Personal Information and that we do not sell Your Personal Information to anyone, for any reason, at any time.
- We use, disclose and share Your Personal Information only as follows:
- to identify you;
- to administer and manage the Websites, including to confirm and authenticate your identity and prevent unauthorised access to restricted areas of the site, premium content, or other services limited to Registered Users;
- to understand how people, use the features and functions of our Websites in order to improve the user experience
- to develop our businesses and services;
- to invite you to attend events, participate in forums, etc.;
- by disclosing Your Personal Information to third party service providers appointed by Us in order to enable Us to provide the Website and Goods to You, and who are bound by these same privacy restrictions;
- In addition, We may disclose Personal Information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties as We, in Our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose Us to legal liability, or in connection with a merger, consolidation, or sale of Our assets.
- We automatically collect information and data using Cookies.
- “Cookies” are small text files a website can use to recognise repeat users, facilitate the users’ on-going access to and use of the Website and allow a website to track usage behaviour and compile aggregate data that will allow content improvements and targeted advertising.
- We take reasonable technical, administrative and physical steps to protect against unauthorised access to and disclosure of Personal Information. We use a combination of firewall barriers, encryption techniques and authentication procedures, among others, to maintain the security of Your online session and to protect Our systems from unauthorised access.
- Our databases are protected from general personnel access both physically and logically. We encrypt Your password so that Your password cannot be recovered, even by Us. All backup drives and tapes are also encrypted.
7. Access To, Correction And Deletion Of Personal Information
- You may request confirmation as to whether We hold any of Your If we are going to charge You a fee to provide such record, we will You with an estimate of the fee beforehand.
- We can refuse to disclose Personal Information on any of the grounds set out in Chapter 4 of Part 3 of the Promotion of Access to Information Act No. 2 of 2000 (“PAIA”) such as to protect (a) the privacy of natural and juristic person; (b) certain confidential information of third parties (c) the safety of individuals, and protect property; (d) records subject to legal privilege; (e) Commercial information of private and natural persons; (f) research information of third parties and the Foundation; (g) health or other records.
- You may also request Us to correct or delete Personal Information that is inaccurate, irrelevant, excessive, out of date, incomplete, misleading or obtained unlawfully; or destroy or delete Your Personal Information that We may no longer retain in terms of the POPIA
- When We receive Your request, we will correct or destroy the information, unless We have credible evidence in support of the information in which case We can retain it.
- If we cannot reach agreement on whether or not to correct or delete the information and if you so Request, We will indicate on the information that a correction was requested but was not made.
- If We change the information and this has an impact on decisions about you, if reasonably practicable, We will inform all persons to whom the Personal Information has been disclosed of those steps.
- We will notify you of the action taken by Us as a result of Your request.”
- All requests can be made via email atvia email at [email@example.com]. We will always require that you verify you are in fact the owner of such Personal Information.
- We will keep your Personal Information for as long as we are obliged and entitled to under South African law. Such information will always be maintained under the same security and privacy controls that are in place for other users of the Website